Sunday, October 15, 2017

Agile Scrum Methodology


I really enjoyed learning about Scrum as one of the different Agile methodologies. Scrum focuses on teamwork and project management. It has has 5 stages - 1) Sprint Planning 2) Sprint 3) Daily Scrum 4) Sprint Review and 5) Retrospective. The main Scrum values are: Courage, Focus, Commitment, respect and Openness.

I am currently using Scrum for my McGuire Entrepreneurship project and there has been a tremendous improvement in my team's communication, teamwork, and speed. I highly recommend learning about this methodology and applying it to your group work in Eller! Here is a link to learn more about the Scrum methodology! An interview with the founders of Scrum, Jeff Sutherland and Ken Schwaber, is included!

https://www.scrum.org/resources/what-is-scrum

2 comments:

  1. Say more about how you use Scrum on your team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty cool! You are the first person I know to use Scrum for a project. How did it work out for the project? Did you run into any issues with your group and the Scrum application? Id like to know more!
    -Danny

    ReplyDelete